Derbyshire County Council administers the admissions for children in the normal admissions round (aged 11) and the school will accept applications for all students without reference to ability or aptitude. For 2022/2023, the school’s Published Admissions Number is 210. The Pupil Admissions Number is the maximum number of places that the school offers before its over-subscription criteria is used.
All pupils who have an Education Health Care Plan which names the school will follow the SEND Consultation process. For all other pupils, where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers and sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- When the child’s home is in the normal area of the school at age 11.
- Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers and sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- All other children not eligible under the above criteria.
All applications must be made directly to the Derbyshire Local Authority who will coordinate admission arrangements. Families of children not offered places will have the right to appeal and will be advised of procedures, should such a situation arise.
Click here for more information on Derbyshire County Council’s school admissions procedures.
Please click here for our policies.