Derbyshire County Council administers the admissions for children in the normal admissions round (aged 11) and the school will accept applications for all students without reference to ability or aptitude. For 2022/2023, the school’s Published Admissions Number is 210. The Pupil Admissions Number is the maximum number of places that the school offers before its over-subscription criteria is used.
All pupils who have an Education Health Care Plan which names the school will follow the SEND Consultation process. For all other pupils, where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers and sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- When the child’s home is in the normal area of the school at age 11.
- Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers and sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- All other children not eligible under the above criteria.
Admissions to Wilsthorpe School into year 7 are managed by Derbyshire County Council. To apply for a place at Wilsthorpe or for more information on Derbyshire County Council’s school admissions procedures – click here(opens in new tab).
The deadline for an on-time application for entry into year 7 in September 2022 is 31st October 2021.
When an application for a place at this school is unsuccessful, families are able to appeal the decision by completing this Admissions Appeals Form, click here.
Secondary application and appeals timetable 2021-22
|National Closing date for on-time applications||31 October 2021|
|National Offer date for all Secondary Schools||1 March 2022|
|Closing Date for on-time appeals||1 April 2022|
|On-time appeals will be heard by
Late appeals will be heard at the same time as online appeals wherever possible or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
|Monday 20 June 2022
|Last Date to submit any additional information in support of your appeal||The independent clerk will notify you of this date, which is usually 5 days before the date of your appeal hearing|
|Decisions will be communicated in writing from the independent clerk, within 5 working days of the date of your appeal||
|In-year appeals will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.|
Click here for more information on Derbyshire County Council’s school admissions procedures.
Please click here for our policies.