Why is Homework important?
We fully believe that well-designed homework tasks are fundamental to students securing their knowledge across the curriculum. At Wilsthorpe School, we use homework to ensure that students are prepared for learning.
Preparation for learning should:
- Promote individual learning and research
- Improve thinking and memory
- Develop lifelong positive study skills and habits
- Develop time management and organisation
- Cover and explore areas of curriculum students may not have time for in school
- Increase independence/responsibility
Homework at KS3: Knowledge Organisers
At KS3 students employ a knowledge organiser for homework tasks.
The purpose of a knowledge organiser is to provide students with accessible guidance about the knowledge that they can study on their own in order to build strong powers of recall.
Students will be issued a knowledge organiser during tutor time at the start of each term. Electronic copies can be downloaded from our website.