We fully recognise the importance of careers education, information, advice and guidance at Wilsthorpe School. Research has shown the link between high-quality careers provision in schools and the earning potential of students. Also, with the decline in the number of students working part-time nationally, there is a need to expose our students to the world of work and employers. We aspire to ensure that all students are highly employable and be able to make informed choices, be enterprising and ambitious when deciding on their destinations, placing them in a position to make a positive contribution to the world we share.
It is usual for career plans to change as students learn more about different subjects, industries, and employers. We are proud of our NEET figures which compare favourably to national benchmarks.
The Gatsby Benchmarks inform our careers programme, and we assess ourselves on how well we are meeting these benchmarks. Whilst the students are in our care, they will:
- have had meaningful encounters with a range of employers and educational providers
- have had tailored support and advice from our qualified Careers Advisor
- linked curriculum learning to career opportunities
- have been provided with information about different career pathways, including apprenticeships, entry requirements and costs
- have had personal careers advice from a qualified careers advisor
- experienced a workplace visit
Mr Gray – Careers Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Hodgson – Careers Advisor email@example.com
Please click here to view the careers advice from The Two Counties Trust: