Being ‘ready to learn’ at Wilsthorpe School means:
- Looking smart
- Having the right equipment
- Avoiding distractions
Our school uniform gives an identity to all students and should always been worn with pride.
It is possible to purchase Wilsthorpe Community School uniforms online from the following:
Please follow this link for further guidance on uniform: – Uniform Booklet 2021
- We believe that extremes of hairstyles or hair colourings are a distraction to learning.
- Patterns cut in the hair are classed as extreme.
- Haircuts should not be below a N°2.
- Bright or unnatural hair dyes are also not permitted.
- Coloured accessories will not be permitted.
- Parents are asked to support the school in this matter.
- If hairstyles do not meet these requirements, students may be sent home.
- Any requests for exemption based on religious or cultural grounds must be referred directly to the Headteacher prior to the hair being styled.
Having the right equipment
In order to be ready to learn, all students are required to bring a bag to school. This must contain a clear plastic pencil case, with the following items:
- 2 pens
- Pencil sharpener
- A ruler (300mm)
- An eraser
- A set of mathematical instruments, which includes a pie chart scale, a protractor, a set square, a compass and a basic or scientific calculator (may be purchased from the Mathematics department)
- A reading book
The following are optional items that may be of use to students in certain lessons:
- Pencils 2B and 4B for Art and Design and 2H for Design Technology
- Coloured pencils
- Felt tip pens
- Folder suitable for taking A4 paper home, without creasing or folding
- Glue stick
The use of mobile phones is not permitted anywhere on the school site for students from Year 7 to Year 11.
If a student’s mobile phone is seen, used or heard on the school site it will be confiscated.
Please click here for our policies.